Wednesday 15 January 2014

Handmade

This year, for me,  is all about make make make!! Its not easy with 2 kids, especially one little man that doesnt sleep that much during the day!!
I really wanted to make more of the lovely things I see for the kids so i have dusted off the sewing machine,  started buying material and all the things I need to make clothes, dolls etc etc.
My nan was a great maker, she used to sew and knit clothes for my dolls and as i got older clothes that i wanted from fashion magazines. She was a great inspiration and i started sewing from an early age because of her.
When she passed away my Grandad gave me all her sewing and knitting things, from silks to material, knitting needles, buttons. It was a real treasure trove. She was a great hoarder so there was so much there!!
So I got them all out, sorted through them and am going to put it all to good use. I think she would be happy
When i was looking for christmas presents for Pops ( my daughter) I was really taken with the Jess Brown dolls but I thought almost £100 was just too much to spend. And then I thought, I can do this. So i got the materials i needed and have started my own.  I am happy with the results so far. Will post the finished little lady for you all to see.




No comments:

Post a Comment